THURSDAY & FRIDAY, MAY 9 & 10, 2024 * 9:00AM TO 12:00NN VIA ZOOM
THURSDAY & FRIDAY, MAY 16 & 17, 2024 * 9:00AM TO 12:00NN VIA ZOOM
YES! You can quickly learn how to improve your thought processes and achieve higher quality solutions when you attend this pioneering training. Contrary to popular belief, critical thinking (CT), problem-solving (PS) and decision-making (DM) skills do not take a lifetime to master.
This four-session (half-day) online training is designed and will focus on those mutually reinforcing skill sets featuring the proprietary RISE framework, world-class learning tools, best practices techniques, practical exercises and examples that will enable you to think in a more strategic, effective and productive way. You are encouraged to bring an actual workplace problem to the training, look for root causes, and arrive at the best possible solutions. It also includes a unique module on how to sell and implement your solutions.
It is highly recommended not only for those who struggle to solve problems but also to everyone who wants to be a better student, professional, manager, leader, board director, or business owner. CT-PS-DM skills are essential for you and your organization's success! This is applicable to everyone in all types of organizations and professions.
He is an author, thought leader, trainer, advocate, and workshop facilitator of topics such as critical thinking, public speaking, coaching, quality life & work purpose, and spirituality.
He is one of the top executives of a conglomerate who is in-charge of a manufacturing facility with over 200 people under his leadership. He has a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from the De La Salle University and a Master’s in Business Management (MBM) degree from the Asian Institute of Management. He is also a certified professional coach, having been trained by the Singapore-based Coach Masters Academy.
Module 0. Introduction
• Exploring what is critical thinking (CT)
• Explaining the RISE framework
Module 1. Reflect: Thinking is the most important driver in problem-solving and decision-making. The quality of our solutions and results depends on our ability to think effectively. CT goes beyond analytical thinking! Addressing barriers to CT
• Mental barriers
• Psychological barriers
• Environmental barriers
• Inter-personal barriers
Module 2. Inquire: Best practices for analyzing problems
• Preparing the mind for CT
• Using CT for problem clarity
• Using CT for data gathering and verifying
• Using CT for analysis and conclusion
Module 3. Solve: Best practices for making solutions and decisions
• The framework and the process
• Brainstorming for solutions
• Using CT to evaluate options
• Using CT to decide on best option
Module 4. Execute: Going beyond CT-PS-DM: How to sell your great ideas and solutions to your management decision makers, board directors and business owners. Best practices for buy-in and execution
• Using CT to sell the solution
• Using CT to implement the solution
• Using CT for continuous improvement
Note: The proprietary RISE framework a holistic approach where participants:
• Reflect on four major prerequisites to be an effective problem solver
• Inquire as to the root cause of the problem
• Solve by creating and ranking possible options, then deciding on the best option
• Engage stakeholders with a thought-out communication and execution plan.
How this training is different from others:
Most courses that are offered in the market are problem solving and decision making training that are short on two fronts:
• First, they invest relatively less time to stimulate the participants' critical thinking (CT) skills and quickly
jump to problem-solving techniques. The risk is that people are tasked to solve problems without
adequate foundation on correct thinking.
• Second, courses usually stop at participants arriving at solutions. The reality is that one must also
know how to sell those solutions to other stakeholders, especially senior management. Furthermore,
the problem does not disappear until the solution has been successfully implemented.