FRIDAY, MAY 24, 2024 * 9:00AM TO 5:00PM
EDSA SHANGRI-LA HOTEL, MANDALUYONG CITY, PHILIPPINES
INCOTERMS are the different types of shipping terms (via land, air, sea) used in all kinds of international trade transactions. The new set of INCOTERMS took effect worldwide on January 1, 2020. The new rules are massive, sweeping as well as practical.
These changes will have a tremendous impact on the trade documentation of exporters, importers, traders, bankers, insurers, freight forwarders and carriers, and will have critical implications for their businesses. Understanding these new rules and incorporating their use in sales contracts eliminates the uncertainties, errors and costly mistakes in the interpretations created in trade transactions.
Don't be left behind. ATTEND!
is an authority in the field of trading and banking with 15 years of banking experience covering the areas of International Trade Finance, Remittances, Guarantees, Import and Export departments. He has worked with various International Banks since 1977 starting with Standard Chartered Bank, Amsterdam-Rotterdam Bank, Bangkok Bank, Royal Trust Merchant Bank and lastly Barclays Bank, where he was Deputy Head, Trade Finance.
Since 1992 he has been conducting highly specialized training in Jakarta, Bangkok, Singapore and Philippines --including Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas and US Embassy in Manila. He also holds a Master of Business Administration degree from University of Strathclyde, UK and is a qualified Life Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers, London. He will teach everything one has to know on how to apply INCOTERMS for business advantage.
1. What are Incoterms - what is it, what does it clarify, how widely is it used and how may we apply the Incoterms?
2. Incoterms - some common misconceptions
3. Terms of Sale vs. Terms of Payment
4. What important matters are covered by the new Incoterms 2020 and what are the main changes to Incoterms 2010?
5. The new classification under the new Incoterms 2020
6. Different Modes of transport and appropriate terms
7. The impact of Incoterms rules on shipping and transport documents
8. The use of Incoterms 2020 rules in domestic trade
9. How will Incoterms 2020 affect the relationship and specific responsibilities between sellers and buyers?
10. What are the critical points under Incoterms 2020 for the transfer of risks and costs?
11. A detailed diagrammatic analysis of the 11 Incoterms
12. Relationship of Cargo Insurance with Incoterms
13. Relationship of Methods of Payment with Incoterms
14. Rules for any mode of transport in detail
15. Rules or sea and inland waterway in detail