Download: Flyer (.PDF 349kb)
Course Outline (.PDF 167kb)
This three-hour webinar is your legal guide to provide your family and relatives with a comprehensive knowledge on the inheritance laws of the Philippines. This training is useful and highly recommended to:
- The Giver who wants to plan what to give away when writing a will.
who wants to disinherit a family member/ relative.
who wants to donate to a stranger or an institution.
Note: Your will can be invalidated when apportioned improperly.
- The Heirs who wants to know their legal rights to an inheritance.
- The Lawyer who needs to refresh their knowledge on the subject.
- The Administrator and/ or Guardian of an estate
Examples and Supreme court decisions are included in this lecture to illustrate
important lessons and issues about this special topic.
1. Meaning of succession
2. Basic principles on succession laws
3. Succession vs. Inheritance
4. Composition of inheritance
5. Classes of heirs
6. Determining who shall inherit
7. Possible heirs of a decedent
8. Institution of heirs
9. Requisites of valid institution of heirs
10. Annulment of institution of heirs
11. Testate vs. intestate succession
12. Meaning of legitime
13. Kinds of legitime
14. What you can rightfully inherit: Illustrative examples of distribution of shares of heirs in inheritance under testate
and intestate succession
- Single, Married, Widowed
- With children
- Without Children
- With a life partner but not married
15. Rights of illegitimate children in inheritance
16. Rights of ex-spouse to inheritance when legally separated
17. Rights of ex-spouse from annulled marriage
18. Survivorship agreement
19. The Roles of Guardians and Administrators
- When heirs are too young or incapable of handling their affairs
20. Acceptance and repudiation of inheritance
21. Right of accretion
22. Right of representation
23. Meaning of partition
24. Meaning of co-ownership
25. Inofficious donation
26. Meaning of collation
27. Meaning of preterition
28. Nature of disinheritance
29. Requisites of a valid disinheritance
30. Grounds for disinheritance
31. Protecting your inheritance and asserting your rights
32. Recovery of lost inheritance: What to do in case you are excluded from an inheritance
33. Insights on Will-Writing
*Optional: Add P450 for a printed copy of a certificate of attendance inclusive of delivery charge