Download: Flyer (.PDF 349kb)
Course Outline (.PDF 167kb)
1. To provide better understanding of the various provisions of the Philippine Bidding Documents (PBDs)
for the procurement of infrastructure projects;
2. To help the procuring entities adequately prepare a set of bidding documents that will be responsive
to the needs of the end users; and
3. To allow the prospective bidders prepare bids that will be responsive to all the requirements for
the procurement thereby increasing their chances of getting government projects.
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:
1. Legal Reference
- This will give the participants an understanding of the legal basis for the use of the bidding documents
and its significance in the success of the procurement process. Discussions will give particular emphasis
on the changes that have been made in the 5th Edition of the PBDs resulting in the issuance of the 6th
Edition of the PBDs.
2. Preparation of Bidding Documents for the Procurement of Infrastructure Projects as they relate to the conduct
of competitive public bidding.
- These sessions will provide discussions on the salient provisions of the bidding documents for
Infrastructure Projects or civil works as enumerated below. Discussions will include concepts and
applications such as, but not limited to, relevant period, similar contracts, single largest completed contract,
and many more. This will include common errors encountered and the corresponding solutions.
- The Philippine Bidding Documents for the Procurement of Infrastructure Projects
1. Section I. Invitation to Bid
2. Section II. Instructions to Bidders
3. Section III. Bid Data Sheet
4. Section IV. General Conditions of Contract
5. Section V. Special Conditions of Contract
6. Section VI. Specifications
7. Section VII. Drawings
8. Section VIII. Bill of Quantities
9. Section IX Checklist of Technical and Financial Documents
*Optional: Add P450 for a printed copy of a certificate of attendance inclusive of delivery charge