Download: Flyer - Black&White (.PDF 406kb)
Course Outline (.PDF 366kb)
Course Director & Lecturer:
Victor Tan, MBA(Strathclyde), ACIB, MInstAM,
is a qualified Life Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers, London and has 15 years of banking experience covering the areas of International Trade Finance, Remittances, Guarantees, and Import and Export. He has worked with various International Banks since 1977 starting with Standard Chartered Bank, Amsterdam-Rotterdam Bank, Bangkok Bank, Royal Trust Merchant Bank and lastly Barclays Bank, where he was Deputy Head of Trade Finance, before leaving the banking industry in 1992.
Since then, he has become an independent training consultant who conducts public seminars and company in-house training programs for corporate clients. He also does regular training assignments within the region -- Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila and Bangkok. He also holds a Master of Business Administration degree from University of Strathclyde, UK. He has been the external trainer for PricewaterhouseCoopers (since 1994), KPMG, the International Trade Institute of Singapore & Dun & Bradstreet, Institute Bank Bank Malaysia Bhd,.
Who Should Attend:
• Financial Auditors
• Bankers & Insurers
• CFOs and Comptrollers
• Company Treasurers
• Business Consultants
• Anyone who wantsto fully
1. Overview of International Trade
2. Audit of Trade Finance
3. Key Risks in International Trade
4. Different Payment Terms
5. The 11 Incoterms EXW, FCA, FAS, FOB, CIF, CFR, CIP, CPT, DAT, DAP, DDP. When is the sellers risks
transferred to a buyer?
6. The Different Types of Letters of Credits - Process & Purpose
7. Letter of Credit Application process and compliance issues.
8. Trade Documentation - function and compliance issues and relationship to Incoterms:
9. Local Letters of Credit
10. Shipping Guarantee
11. Risks & Frauds
12. Measures to Mitigate Risks
Case Studies and Discussions