Download: Flyer - Black&White (.PDF 347kb)
Course Outline (.PDF 246kb)
Who Should Attend:
Training Investment is P9,980
inclusive of Meals, Resource Kit,
& Certificate of Attendance
Part I. Will-Writing
A. What is a will and what can a will do?
B. Why You Should Make a Will?
C. Who Can Make a Will
1. Qualifications of testator
D. When You Should Make a Will?
E. The Style & Substance: How do I make a will?
F. The Essence of a Will
G. The Elements of a Valid Will
H. The Kinds of Wills
1. Holographic Will
• Requirements of a Holographic Will
• Probate of a holographic will
• Grounds to Invalidate a Holographic Will
2. Notarial Will
• Requirements of a Notarial Will
• Grounds to Invalidate a Notarial Will
I. Requisites for documents or paper to be annexed to the will
J. The Key Provisions in a Will
K. The Language of Wills
L. Deciding who will Benefit
5. Specific Gifts
M. Will is revocable
1. Revocation done outside the Philippines
2. What is a codicil?
N. Will made in a foreign country by a Filipino
O. Will of an alien abroad to take effect in the Philippines
P. Will of an alien executed in his country
Q. Hearsay Rule
R. Interpretations of the words of the will and dispositions
S. Problem Areas Involving Wills
Part II. What is a trust and trust-making
1. Parties to the trust
2. Who can be an institutional trustee/investment manager
3. Manifest intention to create a trust
4. What may constitute trust property
5. Terms stated in the trust instrument
6. Creation of a trust
7. Factors to consider in the creation of a trust
8. Types of trusts
1. Living Trusts
a) Long-term living trust
b) Irrevocable living trust
c) Advantage of living trust
d) Disadvantages of an irrevocable trust
e) What is revocable trust?
f) Advantage of a revocable trust
g) Problem situation in a revocable trust
h) Tax exposure if the beneficiary is not a compulsory heir
i) Third party involved in all living trusts
j) Living trusts in the Philippines
k) Is it prudent to have a living trust?
9. Testamentary trust (will trust)
10. Life insurance trust
11. Generation-skipping trust
12. Offshore trust
13. Reversionary trust
14. Step-up trust
15. Accumulation trust
16. Discretionary trust
17. Sprinkling trust
18. Spendthrift trust
19. Incentive trust
Part III. How flexible is trust?
Part IV. Are trusts confidential?
Part V. When trusts loses its confidential character
Part VI. When can court order disclosure of trust funds?
Part VII. May the BIR be authorized to get data on trust funds?
Part VIII. Trust services vs. Banking transactions
Part IX. Trust fund vs. Deposits
Part X. Trust fund vs. Money market
Part XI. Trusteeship vs. Agency
Part XII. Trust vs. Guardianship
Part XIII. Trust vs. Mutual fund
Part XIV. How safe is your investment with a trust entity?
Part XV. Benefits of appointing an institutional trustee or investment manager.
Part XVI. Other services which a trust entity can offer for institutional/corporate/business purposes
1. What can you expect of your institutional trustee
2. Cost of availing of trust /investment management services