|Download: Course Outline (.PDF 167kb)|
|Download: Course Outline (.PDF 167kb)|
I. VAWC LAW
1. Declaration of Policy
2. Definition of Terms
3. What is VAWC?
4. What are the acts of violence against women and their children?
a) Physical Violence
b) Sexual violence
c) Psychological violence
d) Economic abuse
e) Other forms of violence such as subjecting the woman to public ridicule or public humiliation
II. WHO ARE PROTECTED BY THE ANTI-VAWC ACT?
1. What is meant by dating relationship?
2. Is a woman who had a sexual single act with the offender protected?
III. WHO ARE LIABLE FOR VAWC?
IV. WHAT ARE THE RELIEFS AVAILABLE TO THE WOMAN?
V. PROTECTION ORDERS
1. Who may file a petition for protection orders?
2. How does one get a Temporary/Permanent Protection Order?
3. Legal Representation of Petitioners for Protection Order
a) What if the woman doesn’t have a lawyer?
4. Barangay Protection Orders (BPOs);
a) Who May Issue and How?
5. Temporary Protection Orders
6. Permanent Protection Orders
7. Notice of Sanction in Protection Orders
8. Mandatory Period or Acting on Applications For Protection Orders
9. Legal Separation Cases
10. Priority of Application for a Protection Order
11. Violation of Protection Orders
12. Applicability of Protection Orders to Criminal Cases
VI. PUBLIC CRIME
1. What criminal case can the woman file?
1. What is the penalty for the violation of the Anti-VAWC Act?
2. Until when can the woman file a criminal case for the violation of the Anti-VAWC Act?
VIII. RIGHTS OF VICTIMS
1. What are the rights of VAWC victims under the Anti-VAWC Act?
2. If the father of a minor child does not give financial support, what criminal cases can be filed against him?
a) Is a husband who is depriving his wife of custody of their minor children liable under the Anti-VAWC Act?
b) What is the liability of a news reporter covering a pending court case for violation of the Anti-VAWC Act if
he or she included in the TV report the name and face of the woman without her consent?
c) Can the Judge advice the woman to reconcile with her husband or partner or compromise or withdraw her
civil case for protection order or criminal case?
IX. BATTERED WOMAN SYNDROME
1. What is BWS?
2. How will it be proven that the woman has BWS?
X. BATTERED WOMAN SYNDROME AS A DEFENSE
1. What if it is proven in court that the woman has BWS?
XI. PROHIBITED DEFENSE
XII. CUSTODY OF CHILDREN
XIII. PERSONS INTERVENING EXEMPT FROM LIABILITY
XIV. DUTIES OF PROSECUTORS/COURT PERSONNEL
XV. DUTIES OF BARANGAY OFFICIALS AND LAW ENFORCERS
XVI. HEALTHCARE PROVIDER RESPONSE TO ABUSE
XVII. DUTIES OF OTHER GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND LGUS
XVIII. PROHIBITED ACTS
XX. HOLD DEPARTURE ORDER
XXI. EXEMPTION FROM PAYMENT OF DOCKET FEE AND OTHER EXPENSES
XXII. INTER-AGENCY COUNCIL ON VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AND THEIR CHILDREN (IAC-VAWC)
XXIII. MANDATORY PROGRAMS AND SERVICES FOR VICTIMS
XXIV. COUNSELING AND TREATMENT OF OFFENDERS
XXV. TRAINING OF PERSONS INVOLVED IN RESPONDING TO VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
AND THEIR CHILDREN CASES
XXVI. ENTITLEMENT TO LEAVE
Medium of Instruction to be Used: Combination of Filipino and English Language
Funding to attend this training program may be sourced from GAD funds based on Republic Act No. 7192, otherwise known as the Women in Development and Nation Building Act.
Note: Attendees from the government are exempted from the P2,000.00 limit set by COA for attending training provided by the private sector based on Department of Budget and Management Circular No. 563 dated April 22, 2016. Funding to attend this training may be sourced from GAD funds based on Republic Act No. 7192, otherwise known as the Women in Development and Nation Building Act.
Course Director & Lecturer:
Atty. Dot Gancayco
Kaibigang Abogada, Multi-Awarded Lawyer, Radio-TV
Hostand Women’s and Children’s Rights Advocate.
She is a multi-awarded socio civic and media person being a TV / radio host of the multi-awarded public Service show “Serbisyong asambahay and legal consultant to different radio and TV shows. She is a writer at the Philippine Star; professor of law; co-founder and past president of the Association of the Congressional Chiefs of Staff.
She leads several organizations and other advocacy movements including being president of Kilusang Kontra Kovid, a trustee of the board of the UP Women Circle, and president of Celebrity Sports Club. A philanthropist who devotes her time, efforts and resources to protecting people’s rights and promoting social welfare towards a better and more progressive society.
*Optional: Add P450 for a printed copy of a certificate of attendance inclusive of delivery charge
1:30PM to 4:30PM * Friday
November 10, 2023